Thursday, August 20, 2015

32 Years Young

Birthdays aren't exactly what they used to be. No more late nights out, feeling sick in the morning, drinking games, cab rides, or all nighters. This morning I woke up to "mama!" at 5:30a.m. and although it felt WAY earlier than it actually was, I love the sound of his sweet voice. I had to be to work earlier than usual anyway so it worked out just fine.
Joe helped Rocco write me a happy birthday message on the etch-a-sketch and after climbing into my car at 7a.m. with a half full mug of luke warm coffee, there was a sweet card waiting for me from all my favorite boys.
It was another crazy day at work, just like the last several weeks. Some days it feels like we are just doing what we can to keep our heads above water and stay on schedule or as close to on schedule as we can. Today was no different in that aspect, but Joe delivered 2 dozen roses, a cake, and a card to me at work. My coworker made me a cake and bought me lunch. The free coffee cart showed up today. And another coworker bought me a Starbucks gift card, balloons, and candy. It was a great day!
I received lots of texts, voicemails, and facebook messages wishing me a happy birthday, and that sure makes the day feel special!
Joe and I both got home from work late and the dishwasher broke earlier today but there's so much more to be thankful for than there is to complain about. Joe walked in the door carrying a new pair of shoes for me and we ordered my favorite Thai food for dinner. The icing on the cake for what turned out to be a pretty great birthday!
Never a dull moment in this house though...after bath Rocco was running around naked...in my new found old age I was just too slow to get a diaper on him after all the signs of an accident coming my way. He ended up pooping on the floor and apparently was traumatized by it as he didn't stop crying for at least 10 minutes! Pretty sure potty training isn't in our near future after the look of terror on his face when he saw what was on the floor!
Here's to another year full of love, chaos, and adventure.
Much Love,
B.

No comments:

Post a Comment