Saturday, August 8, 2015

Summer Bucket List: Popsicles & Pool Days

Rocco is at such a fun age this summer. We are able to get out and try new things and see the excitement on his face when he tries something and loves it.
I remember always having flavored ice in the freezer as a kid and thinking it was the best thing ever. Joe and I have always had them in our freezer too, even though neither of us eat them as adults. My niece and nephew love them though and always ask for them when they are over.
I hadn't even thought of giving one to Rocco to try, probably because I forgot we even had them. Joe brought one out for Rocco one day and he absolutely loved it! I have to squash my OCD brain while he eats it since it's guaranteed to make a big mess. But the sticky hands and spots on his clothes are totally worth it to see this level of excitement over something so simple.
Joe's mom has a pool at her house and we haven't been over near as much as we should to enjoy it. We went over during a really hot day to try it out with Rocco. Even though it was so hot out, the water was still really cold. We weren't sure he would go in at all since he was pretty scared every time we tried to get him in the float we bought for him. He ended up loving it as long as Joe held him.
Earlier in the summer I considered signing him up for a few weeks of swimming lessons at the YMCA down the road, but decided he was too young to start. I'm glad I decided to hold off until next year since he seemed pretty scared whenever Joe wasn't holding him and we really haven't spent much time at all in the water this year. I'll sign him up next summer and we will make a point to visit Joe's mom's pool more to get him used to it.
Much Love,
B.




No comments:

Post a Comment