Friday, September 1, 2017

Dominic's First Birthday

1 year ago today (3 days past your due date) after 2 hours of labor, 58 minutes in the hospital, and 3 pushes, you were born. After such a dramatic entrance into this world, we should have known then just how feisty you would be.
 
This year was tough. Full of SO much love, but tough. In the beginning we struggled together through 12 weeks of colic which included 3-4 hours of uncontrolled crying every single night. You also struggled with reflux for the first 7 months, you had 2 surgeries, 7 ear infections, 1 stomach bug, countless cold viruses, 1 case of pink eye, and 1 tooth pop through.
 
You don't sleep through the night, you rarely stay in your crib, and you aren't night weaned. BUT - you're the best snuggler, you love your mama, you show me more grace than I deserve, you shake with excitement when you see me every single day, you stop crying the second I touch your back or pick you up, you have the most contagious giggle, and the biggest smile.
 
You say dada more than mama, you love Hugo and your brother, you're good at copying, you babble constantly, and you're a really fast scooter.
 
I love you more than I ever imagined possible. We all survived the first year and our family is better because you're in it. I am so thankful that God chose me to be your mama.
 
Happy Birthday sweet boy.
 



















No comments:

Post a Comment