Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Rewind The Weekend

Another weekend flew by and surprisingly this week is flying by too since tomorrow is already Thursday and I'm just now getting around to posting about the weekend.
On Friday night we got together with Joe's best friend and his wife and kids. We used to see them all the time but since having kids time with friends has been a little harder to come by for all of us. The last time we spent time together as couples with kids was New Year's Eve which seems so long ago now!
The weather was perfect so we sat out in the driveway drinking sangria while the kids played. We were able to catch up on all we have going on in between refilling bubble guns and taking breaks from playing to eat ice cream. The best kind of summer night!
On Saturday morning we drove to Holland to get some of Hugo's energy out at the dog park. He loves going and Joe takes him quite often. There's a really cute children's park just across the parking lot so Rocco and I headed there to play while Joe ran some laps with Hugo. This is definitely one of the best parks we have been to this summer. There's so much that Rocco is able to do and few things that are too big for him that I need to worry about him falling off of like at a few of the local parks.
He found a ball under the play structure at one point and was so excited to play "fetch" with himself. We decided to go exploring and check out a bridge just past the park. He was really interested in watching the water pass under the bridge and I could see the little wheels turning in his brain thinking about throwing the ball in the water. I warned him over and over not to throw it in, but he did anyway. He was quite sad and couldn't understand why I wouldn't just climb down the rain covered ravine to rescue the quickly disappearing ball. He was quite sad and I felt bad that I wasn't able to get it for him, but I'm pretty sure the lesson was learned.
That night we had plans for dinner and a Whitecaps game with the company that Joe works for. A 20 month old in a restaurant is a little dicey these days but luckily one of his friends from daycare was there so he had a buddy to run around with and keep busy. After grabbing a bite to eat we headed to the ball game. It happened to be their busiest night so far this season with over 10,000 people! Seeing a Whitecaps game is on our summer bucket list so I was excited that this was what was planned for his company's summer outing. Turns out Rocco was maybe a little young still this year. He did a good job, but with such a big crowd and the game starting just an hour before bedtime...he didn't last much more than an hour after the game started. I look forward to trying again next year though!
On Sunday morning Joe took Rocco grocery shopping like he always does to give me a little time to myself, which I really appreciate! After he got back we headed to Mass. While Rocco is at an age that I regularly find so fun and exciting....it can also be quite challenging now that everything is "mine!!" and he is constantly on the move. One of the first blogs that I binge read during those long nights of nursing a newborn was Grace's over at Camp Patton. She used to give her sweet babes "mass grades" and I thought it was hilarious. After Mass on Sunday I told Joe that Rocco's Mass Grade was a F. He replied "F-", and if that were a legit grade I would totally agree. It was a rough one for sure!
But all in all we had a great weekend spending so much time as a family! Looking forward to checking off some more summer bucket list items over the next few weekends and going on our adults only vacation in just two and a half weeks!
Much Love,
B.

No comments:

Post a Comment