Sunday, November 15, 2015

Happy Birthday Rocco!

Sweet Rocco...2 years old already. Just like the first year, the second flew by too fast.
All year I've felt like "this is the best age yet". I wish I could just freeze time right here. He is so sweet, curious, funny, and wild. But most of all he's forgiving and loyal and always offers me a chance to do better as a mom tomorrow. He doesn't always get the best of me. In fact he often gets what's left of me after not enough sleep at night and work all day. Yet it's still my voice and touch that comforts and calms him. It's still my name he calls when he wakes up, my face he searches for when he's nervous or overwhelmed, my hand he reaches for to hold. Every day he still runs excitedly to me when I pick him up from school and he often still cries when I drop him off.
Before he was born I had no idea this kind of love existed, and now I can't remember life before it did. I haven't done anything in my life near worthy enough of this love but I'm eternally grateful that God has given it to me anyway. I can't imagine living my life without knowing what it feels like to be "mama". These last two years have taught me so much and I can't wait to see what this next year brings. I love you more than you'll ever know sweet Rocco.
Happy Birthday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment