Monday, September 21, 2015

Labor Day Weekend Park Tour

There are few things I look forward to more than the weekend, and a long weekend is even better. Labor Day was a much needed extra day off. The weather was great and we had no set plans. I love taking Rocco to the park and have been trying to do it as much as possible lately since summer is coming to an end quickly. I don't know what we are going to do when the snow starts flying...this guy loves being outside more than anything else!
Saturday morning we decided to head to the dog park in Holland. We've been there tons of times in the past few years. Hugo loves to run and pester the other dogs and Rocco loves to play at the kid's park nearby. There was a thunderstorm the night before, so all the play equipment was soaking wet...but it didn't bother him at all.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I had seen signs for two different parks while driving between Rocco's daycare and the new outlet mall and I had actually put the names in the notes section of my phone so I wouldn't forget to check them out. Sunday afternoon we made plans to visit the first one. It was really cute and had the perfect size play structures for Rocco. Some parks have really tall slides and lots of places that he could fall off, but this one was just his size. I could keep an eye on him just fine from the ground without having to climb up with him every time. Hugo had a great time on everything too!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
On Monday morning we decided to visit the second park I had written down. This one had two separate play areas which was really nice and entertained him for a long time. There was also a cool bridge and walking trail that Rocco loved exploring.
 
 
 
 
 
 
These warm sunny days are going to be gone before we know it and Rocco will be so sad when he's not able to go to the park every weekend. I'll bundle him up for as long as I can so we can keep exploring and finding new places to play and enjoy the outdoors.
Much Love,
B.

No comments:

Post a Comment