Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Stitch Fix

I did it, I jumped on the Stitch Fix bandwagon. And I loved it! Such a fun concept to have a "personal shopper"! I thought it was super easy to sign up for and was so excited for my box to arrive to see what they had picked for me.
 
I had asked for causal, comfortable clothes that I could wear while running errands/taking Rocco to the park. I wanted things that would work for Fall, things I wouldn't normally pick myself, something I could dress up for date night or a girl's night out, and no jeans. I really hate wearing jeans. I feel like everything they sent me met the descriptions of clothing that I said I was looking for. I did choose the "as cheap as possible" option in every price category and I'm not sure how much that limited what they sent me, but I was pretty excited with what I got, even thought it still ended up being more expensive that what I would buy in the store.
 
Matata Faux Suede Pocket Knit Top ($44)
Danny Knit Pant ($68)
I really liked the colors in this top, I thought they worked great for Fall. I like the color blocking as well. I loved the length of the shirt as well as the length of the sleeves (I often have problems with sleeves on shirts not being long enough). The material was flattering and super comfortable. It was almost a keeper....I just couldn't get past that pocket. It just seemed so awkward. A weird color, mismatched material, and odd placement. I wanted to love it, but I just couldn't. With the price tag being what it was for essentially a long sleeve t-shirt, I needed to love it 100%, and I just didn't. So, I sent it back.
I loved these pants. They fit perfect and were so comfortable. I always have trouble getting the correct length in pants, but these were spot on. I even thought the price was decent as far as pants go. Unfortunately, I already have a pair exactly like this in my closet. So, I sent them back.
 
Lyoni Open Cardigan ($58)
Maybe I'm just not a cardigan kind of girl...I really hated this cardigan. It was a strange feeling fabric, the length of the sleeves were awkward, it was baggy, and a very blah color. It left everything to be desired. Definitely sent it back.
 
Lawford Knit Top ($58)
I was so close to loving this top. The length was perfect, the fabric was super soft, & the colors were nice for fall. But I just couldn't get past the leather trim on the V-neck. It looked cute enough to have a different detail to it, but it just didn't lay flat, and I'm certainly not going to iron a shirt to go to the park. On top of it I really wanted shirts with long sleeves for the coming cooler season and $58 seemed a little steep for a dressy t-shirt. Sadly, this one went back too.
 
Waltie Back Lace Panel Blouse ($68)
 
I loved this shirt. This was the idea I had in mind when signing up for Stitch Fix. I wanted something totally different than I would pick out myself. I'm not a huge blouse type person just because I don't have a lot of reasons to wear them. But I would love to have a few dressy shirts in my closet for date nights or nights out with friends. I loved the fit of this shirt, not fitted, but not baggy. I loved the fall colors. I wouldn't normally be drawn to floral patterns, but I loved the pattern on this shirt. The sleeve length is great. And I love the lace panel detail on the back. This shirt could go with several different pairs of pants - white jeans, black leggings, regular jeans, etc. I definitely kept this shirt and plan on wearing it for our fall family pictures.
 
Even though I only kept one item from my box, I really feel like they sent clothes that fit my style. I would have kept the pants if I didn't already have some just like them. And the other shirts I sent back were great, just not 100% perfect. I'll definitely do Stitch Fix again! It won't be an every month thing for me solely because of the price of the items, but I think it will be fun to set up for special events and a way to treat myself every now and then.
 
Much Love,
B.


No comments:

Post a Comment